© 2018 littledetails.co.uk
seo web designs
terms and conditions |
Twitter SEO Tweetinar 11th november 2009 - Keywords and Links
Liverpool SEO Seminar Presentations - index»
Seo seminar 11th november 2009 tweetinar
The following posts were twittered live on the
littledetails Twitter account
from 6pm GMT on November 11th 2009 direct from the Liverpool SEO
seminar at The Ship and Mitre, Dale Street, Liverpool.
- Welcome to the www.littledetails.co.uk SEO #tweetinar live from The
Ship and Mitre, Liverpool.
- SEO #tweetinar: The topics covered today will be the SEO basics of
Keywords and Links.
- SEO #tweetinar: Part one. Keywords. What is a keyword?
- SEO #tweetinar: A keyword is a word or phrase typed in to a search
engine to produce a list of relevant web sites.
- SEO #tweetinar: Your company name, unless it is also a good
description of your products and services, is generally not a keyword.
- SEO #tweetinar: Choose your main products and services. Think of
the related keywords. Make a list of all possible variations.
- SEO #tweetinar: There are a number of free online keyword research tools
available. One of the best is Google Adwords Keyword Tool.
- SEO #tweetinar: Concentrate on 'long tail' keywords. There are move
overall long tail searches than the number of main keyword searches.
- SEO #tweetinar: Ideally, every long tail keyword phrase should have
its own web page of text content.
- SEO #tweetinar: Each page should concentrate on three or four keywords
as the maximum that can be optimised for.
- SEO #tweetinar: Write your content including keywords naturally for
human visitors without worrying about search engines.
- SEO #tweetinar: Include your keyword phrase at the beginning of the
title tag which appears on the browser window.
- SEO #tweetinar: Include your keyword phrase in a single h1 header
tag as the first on page text.
- SEO #tweetinar: Give every page a unique title tag and h1 header.
- SEO #tweetinar: Highlight you keywords and phrases in the main
page text using contextual strong tags.
- SEO #tweetinar: Part two. Links. What is a hypertext link?
- SEO #tweetinar: A hypertext link appears on page as an underlined
section of text and directs you to another page when clicked.
- SEO #tweetinar: Only text links have any real value in search
- SEO #tweetinar: What is anchor text? This is the text that
appears on the page as an underlined click-able link.
- SEO #tweetinar: The most important part of any web page, is actually
the anchor text of the links that point at that page.
- SEO #tweetinar: It is vital to link to every one of your pages using
the main keywords contained within the receiving page.
- SEO #tweetinar: Google reads the number, quality and context of your
inbound links to determine your search engine position.
- SEO #tweetinar: Only with enough quality inbound links will your
website have a good search engine position.
- SEO #tweetinar: There is no such thing as a bad link. Your site
cannot be harmed by an inbound link.
- SEO #tweetinar: Links from sites that have a similar theme as your
site will give more ranking than off topic sites.
- SEO #tweetinar: Links from pages with a Google Page Rank of 3 or
more generally count more.
- SEO #tweetinar: The anchor text of your inbound links is possibly
the most important aspect of SEO.
- SEO #tweetinar: Think carefully about the best keyword phrase you
would like your home page to rank for.
- SEO #tweetinar: You should always ask webmasters to use your most
important keywords as the anchor text of your link.
- SEO #tweetinar: Conclusion. Thank you for viewing the first ever #tweetinar.
- SEO #tweetinar: The full text of our presentation can be found here: http://bit.ly/1gKwjd
- SEO #tweetinar: The full list of our twitter tweetinar posts can be found here: http://bit.ly/2Je9ml
- SEO #tweetinar: Tune in next time for more SEO tips.